QUESTIONS TO ASK AN ESTATE AGENT
I received a call recently from a retired guy who had lived in the same house for more than 40 years.
As a result of “you know what” he felt isolated from family and decided that the best thing to do was to move closer to them. He was selling his property for the first time and he was unsure what to ask.
After we spoke about how the whole selling process works, the advice I gave him is what we share with anyone looking to put their home on the market in the area.
Get three estate agents to value your home and ask them the following questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have?
- On what comparable evidence are you basing the valuation on?
- What do I get for the fee you are charging?
- How will you market my property? And what is the strategy behind your marketing?
When I visit a property I am ready to answer pretty much anything, but perhaps the best and most telling questions you can ask any estate agent are these two:
- How quickly are you selling properties?
- What do you think I’ll get for the house?
They may not be able to tell you on the spot but with a little bit of simple research they should be in position to answer those two questions. We’re more than happy to answer them now.
On average we take 13 weeks to agree a sale. According to https://getagent.co.uk this is faster than anyone else locally and twice as fast in one instance!
As it stands at the time of writing, we have achieved an average of 99.30% of the asking price of our current agreed sales.
Why? Well I put our success down to three things.
- We always price as accurately and honestly as possible. An overvalued property simply stays on the market for a lot longer than it should do, which does the person selling absolutely no favours in the long run.
- We never stand still in our approach to the marketing we do and are always looking at ways to get more exposure of the properties we have for sale.
- We are a dedicated team with years of local estate agency experience to share so we can provide those selling with the thing they want most……
The best price for their property in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of stress!
Thanks for reading.
Thinking of moving? Call the office on 01535 666031, call me direct on 07557 088460 or email me: email@example.com for honest, expert and friendly advice.